1st International Symposium on Physics and Applications
The 1st edition of international symposium on physics and applications, 1st ISPA, was held from December 17 to 18, 2020 on Department of Physics, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS). The event was organized by the Department of Physics, Faculty of Sciences and Data Analytics, ITS. In addition, the symposium is supported by Airlangga University, State University of Surabaya and National University of Singapore.
In the symposium, we invited 6 keynote speakers and 6 invited speakers from Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia. The symposium has successfully obtained positive responses from researchers by collecting significant and qualified 72 papers for oral presentations that have selected from 98 abstracts received. The presenters and participants are shown in Figure 1. The all papers are included addressing the research topics of the conference including theoretical physics, laser and optoelectronics, instrumentation and acoustics, earth sciences (geophysics), bio and medical physics, and material physics.
Figure 1. The participants of ISPA 2020.
This conference was divided into 2 days, the first day consisted of 3 keynote speakers, 3 invited speakers and 34 participants. As the first keynote speaker in plenary session, Dr. Muhammad M. Ramli from University Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) – Malaysia, gave an excellent presentation on “Reduced-Graphene Oxide for Various Electronic Applications” (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Keynote presentation from Prof. Muhammad M. Ramli
The second speech in plenary session was delivered by Prof. Kuo-Fong Ma from National Central University – Taiwan, with title of speech is “Earthquake: Knowns and Unknowns” (Figure 3).
Figure 3. Keynote presentation from Prof. Kuo-Fong Ma
The third speech in plenary session was delivered by Prof. Shamim Ahsan from Khulna University – Bangladesh, with the title of speech is “Prospects of CO2 Laser Polishing Technique” (Figure 4).
Figure 4. Keynote presentation from Prof. Shamim Ahsan
After the keynote speaker session, 3 invited speaker and 34 oral presentations were divided into 3 rooms based on work topics. following is the list of invited speakers :
- Prof. Kuwat Triyana from Gajah Mada University – Indonesia with the title of speech is “Functionalized Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Polyvinyl Acetate/Citric Acid Nanofiber for Detecting Trimethyl Amine”.
- Prof. Hiroaki Yamanaka from Tokyo Institute of Technology – Japan with the title of speech is “Exploration Geophysics for Earthquake Disaster Mitigation”
- Prof. Suasmoro from Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember – Indonesia with the title of speech is “Iron and Copper based BO6 octahedron of perovskite: Structure, Oxidation state, Electronic and Magnetic properties”
On the second day, this conference consisted of 3 keynote speakers, 3 invited speakers and 38 participants. The first speech in plenary session on second day was delivered by Prof. Hidetaka Arimura from Kyushu University – Japan, with the title of speech is “What is the medical physics from academic point of view?” (Figure 5).
Figure 5. Keynote presentation from Prof. Hidetaka Arimura
The second speech in plenary session on second day was delivered by Prof. Bobby Eka Gunara from Institut Teknologi Bandung – Indonesia, with title of speech is “Higher Dimensional Static Black Holes” (Figure 6).
Figure 6. Keynote presentation from Prof. Bobby Eka Gunara
As the last keynote speaker in plenary session on second day, Prof. T Seetawan from Sakon Nakhon Rajabaht University – Thailand, gave a presentation on “Advantage of Flexible Thermoelectric Module for Small Generator” (Figure 7).
Figure 7. Keynote presentation from Prof. T Seetawan
After the keynote speaker session, 3 invited speaker and 38 oral presentations were divided into 3 rooms based on work topics. following is the list of invited speakers :
- Prof. Suryani Dyah Astuti from Universitas Airlangga – Indonesia with the title of speech is “The Role of Organic Photosensitizer in Antimicrobial Photodynamic Inactivation (PDI)”.
- Prof. Hery Suyanto from Udayana University – Indonesia with the title of speech is “Organic Materials Utilization for Biomarker and Forensic Needs by Using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) Method”
- Prof. Agus Purwanto from Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember – Indonesia with the title of speech is “Relation between Channel and Measurement Matrices for Successful Quantum Teleportation”
Here are several photos oral presentation activities in this conference.
Figure 8. Several oral presentation activities